MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What is happening to patriotism in my country

View Single Post

Old 12-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
M.C. When I think of American and when I see the flag and hear the anthem to be honest our government is one of the last things that comes to mind. I think of freedom, liberty, valor, persistence, and a strive to be the best you can be. As a patriot I strive to preserve those principales and strive to make the nation the best it can be. Being a patriot does not particularly mean supporting and submitting to your government and face can mean exactly the opposite. It can be a strive to reform and revive and revolt to change and or restore a nation to it's former glory.

Patriotism is needed or else the nation will become extinct after unity in one nation is achieved unity with other nations can be achieved as well.
The freedom and liberty and valor and persistence and all this can be found in most major countries.

Which begs the question, why be so patriotic to a piece of land that isn't anymore special than all the other pieces of land, especially when that land is ruled by a government looking to bend you over every second of every day?

This idea of unity in one piece of rock is nonsensical in a modern world. I fully realize other countries are very united, and it's this mindset that will continue to plague our societies with millions of deaths from wars based around "omgggg you touched our rock! dieee!!".

American's are aiding in making this mentality fade away, it is risky no doubt, but change is needed and it's procrastination and saying "maybe someday it will change......" that has caused us to have these prolonged issues.

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote