Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

King Mo: I was told we can't leave Strikeforce.

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  kantowrestler 
#1 ·
From his twitter:

"Peep this. I was told we can't leave SF. I don't know why but it is what it is. I have no say on that."

#2 ·
Don't really know what to make of this, but this is why I'm in favor of a mass exodus of every viable UFC-caliber fighter to the UFC. Keeping a handful of top end guys in the minor leagues isn't going to make Strikeforce any stronger IMO.

#3 ·
I think the stronger strikeforce can remain or become the better it is for us fans,the fighters, the sport, and the UFC.

If nothing else at least it is informing a significant new audience that the sport is MMA and not UFC.

and I think there are more good fighters than the UFC has fights for.

and it gives us an opportunity to see M-1 and Dream fighters come to America and get beat up.

win.

#4 ·
I'd like SF to act as a minor league to the UFC and it is what it is must be one of the stupidest phrases in history. Just a response for a nincompoop who can't explain himself properly.

King Mo should be glad that he'll be kept out of the UFC for the time being anyway.

#15 ·
You are a terrible business person then. I'd close Target and fire all the employees and make everyone shop at Walmart, same overhead cost as before but twice as many customers means more money. Keeping both open would mean you are competing with yourself with the added cost of the extra employees.

Which I am surprised UFC isn't doing this, make UFC the only game in town, and keep Strikeforce the minor league.

#6 ·
Eh, outside of strikeforce and the UFC there arent any real great fights at LHW. At least Strikeforce can put him in there with someone decent every now and again. The second runner up is Bellator and their LHW division is a freaking joke. To sum this up, it could be worse.

#7 ·
It's been said a few times but i'd love to see the UFC keep SF around and flood it with the lower end fighters from the UFC, as a kind of reserve pool, specifically concentrating on LW, WW and MW which are the deepest divisions wouldn't be a bad idea:

Middleweights:
Jason McDonald, Alessio Sakara, Ed Herman, Dan Miller, Eric Schafer and Tom Lawlor.

Welterweights:
Josh Neer, Matt Brown, Dan Hardy, James Wilks, Daniel Roberts and Mike Pyle.

Lightweights:
Spencer Fisher, Yves Edwards, Jeremy Stephens, Mac Danzig, Aaron Riley and Efrain Escudero.

If those names moved over to SF it would deepen and strengthen their divisions massively, and most of the guys listed rarely make it off the pre-lims yet most would be Main and Co-Main fighters in SF.

#8 ·
I definitely agree. It would be fascinating to see young prospects develop as well. I would just take Ed Herman off that list. He's an extremely underrated savage who looked spectacular in his last two bouts. Also maybe Pyle and Stephens too since I have them in my top 20 in their respective divisions. Theres about 60 guys in LW and WW... might as well take guys from the bottom 30 of each.

#10 ·
The Strikeforce brand has been established. I'm interested to see what Zuffa does with it if it does in fact stay around..

#13 ·
What are you talking about?

Zuffa needs Striforce.
They can't just go out and buy a new company every other 3 years.
There are more and more new talent out there and the UFC alone can't hold all that talent.
Keeping Strikeforce is a great market strategy, they'll be able to absorb the incoming talent, keep the UFc talent on losing strikes and at the same time, they are not giving away "room for other company's to grow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.