MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - King Mo: I was told we can't leave Strikeforce.

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
MMAnWEED
Bantamweight

MMAnWEED is on another level nowMMAnWEED is on another level nowMMAnWEED is on another level nowMMAnWEED is on another level nowMMAnWEED is on another level nowMMAnWEED is on another level nowMMAnWEED is on another level nowMMAnWEED is on another level nowMMAnWEED is on another level nowMMAnWEED is on another level nowMMAnWEED is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazh View Post
It's been said a few times but i'd love to see the UFC keep SF around and flood it with the lower end fighters from the UFC, as a kind of reserve pool, specifically concentrating on LW, WW and MW which are the deepest divisions wouldn't be a bad idea:

Middleweights:
Jason McDonald, Alessio Sakara, Ed Herman, Dan Miller, Eric Schafer and Tom Lawlor.

Welterweights:
Josh Neer, Matt Brown, Dan Hardy, James Wilks, Daniel Roberts and Mike Pyle.

Lightweights:
Spencer Fisher, Yves Edwards, Jeremy Stephens, Mac Danzig, Aaron Riley and Efrain Escudero.

If those names moved over to SF it would deepen and strengthen their divisions massively, and most of the guys listed rarely make it off the pre-lims yet most would be Main and Co-Main fighters in SF.
I definitely agree. It would be fascinating to see young prospects develop as well. I would just take Ed Herman off that list. He's an extremely underrated savage who looked spectacular in his last two bouts. Also maybe Pyle and Stephens too since I have them in my top 20 in their respective divisions. Theres about 60 guys in LW and WW... might as well take guys from the bottom 30 of each.
MMAnWEED is offline   Reply With Quote