MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - F*UCK YOU, matt hughes!!!

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2012, 01:47 AM   #141 (permalink)
Rygu
Godless Heathen

Rygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
A straight forward answer almost free of childish digs. Congratulations and thank you.

I don't think you are typical of gamers.

When I search for the best selling games for Xbox 360 or playstation 3 for this year or all time I never get more than 3 sports games in the top 10 and never higher than 6. All of the others are focused on killing. Except grand theft auto.

I would bet that hunters play more real sports than gamers play pretend ones. judging from sales, overwhelmingly Gamers prefer to pretend to kill.

Why do you think that is?
I'm not totally sure, there could be several factors. Obviously it's fun for many people, to have a bunch of friends, or even strangers all running around trying to shoot the other. It's also a way for some to release aggression. GTA isn't about killing to me much at all. You do shoot people but also drive lots of vehicles, get chased, you have to be a ninja sometimes. It's just fun to me, nothing more nothing less. First person shooters will always be popular as they generally create the best online multiplayer gaming experience for most, because people like to shoot things and destroy things.

Thanks for my daily neg rep too, after I spread ill throw you another.
Rygu is offline   Reply With Quote