MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Nick Diaz Apparently No-Shows UFC Countdown Filming

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #45 (permalink)
MagiK11
Resident Drunk

MagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Since when is something as simple as asking someone to sit down and break down and promote their upcoming fight classified as "bullying"?

EVERYONE does this and has done it including Nate Diaz, no problems. Why can't Nick Diaz do it? Dana should fine him and hit him where it hurts, take some of his drug money from him, then when he's only making enough to money to buy food to survive and have a roof under his head maybe he'll change.
My point is that I am sure a lot of fighters do the whole PR thing even though they don't want to do it but do it anyways because it's the professional thing to do. I also believe there are fighters who don't want to do it at all, and I"m guessing the UFC strong arms them into it. (I'm just assuming that's what happens behind closed doors.)

Would I do what he did if I were a fighter, no I wouldn't, but someone can say doing those interviews and countdown shows helps sell the fights which I'm sure it does. So does not showing up. Nick IMO is generating more interest in the fight by being so defiant and refusing to show up to said press events. Some ppl like myself will like him, while other's like you will hate him. As long as we have some kind of emotion towards the fighter, there is a bigger likelihood we'll watch the fight.

So the bottom line, they are still able to sell and hype the fight in my humble opinion.

But as a lot of you mentioned, we don't even know if this rumor is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Bully? I don't think if my employer said they wanted me to do some extra work in order to receive a 6 or 7 figure paycheck I would consider that bullying. When your boss is heavily rewarding you with the opportunity of a lifetime with certain expected obligations they are not bullying you by expecting you to full fill obligations.

I so wish BJ had a desire to fight cause if he had been committed he would have whoooped Diaz from one side of the cage to the other. Not sure if Condit can get it done but if he makes it past Condit GSP will absolutely maul the overrated clown.
As I said above, I wouldn't do what Nick did, but if a fighter absolutely hates having a camera in his face, it should be his right to say no, and spend all his time training to win his fight, instead of answering questions for my viewing pleasure.

It's like James Gandolfini makes millions with movies, yet never does interviews. At first I thought he was a dick, since he made so much money and should answer PR questions for the public. But when I think about it, he doesn't have to do it. So I can respect Nicks point of view.

1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre