MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - where do i go from here?

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
americanfighter
MMA Patriot

americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav219 View Post
i live in wixom mi... i agree with you completely! i have been to quite a few mma gyms in the past and for the most part i wasnt happy there. it was mostly sparring with little technique. i found this to be a huge problem with my training, as much as i love sparring, alot of people, especially beginners, dont know the real purpose of it. fundamentals like footwork, breathing, a decent stance, etc... are thrown out the window. i trained muay thai at a place when i was still in high school and loved it. i pick up what i can from anyone i meet, but i want something i can commit to. i train hard, and practice everything i learn on my own constantly.
I have found a few places the aren't MMA gyms but they ar martial arts to get you started.

Krav Maga
48909 W Rd
Wixom‎ MI‎ 48393
United States

Simply Isshinryu Karate & Fitness
47705 West Rd, Suite B-104
Wixom‎ MI‎ 48393
United States

Master Penfil's Martial Arts Academy
28221 Beck Rd #8
Wixom‎ MI‎ 48393
United States