Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC 142: Jose Aldo vs Chad Mendes

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Ape City 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I wish i could bet on Aldo KO - I dont think Mendez quite has that shot he speaks off that will take aldo off his feet - Aldo's take down defense is impressive and only when tired he seems to be taken down.

Mendez will be forced to stand - he is not to bad at it but his low hands and lose style will cost him.

#5 ·
Round 1 - Referee Mario Yamasaki in the cage for the night's main event, a featherweight title fight. Aldo waves his left arm waiting for the start. Touch of gloves to open. Mendes opens with a low kick. Mendes moving his head, faking the shot and throwing more low kicks. Aldo patient in the center and fires a heavy low kick that spins Mendes. Aldo stalks and pulls away from a Mendes shot. Aldo in the center, comfortable and patient. He fires another low kick that buckles Mendes. Mendes kicks the cup, but it's a quick return. Aldo lands a clean right uppercut, and Mendes tried to shoot in, but he can't get the takedown.Halfway in. Patient work from both. Mendes avoiding leg kicks well bt has yet to get inside. He narrowly avoids another uppercut and does get a leg, but Aldo pulls away. Mendes with a low kick. Mendes times a low kicks and looks for a takedown, but a quick Aldo defends well. Mendes gets to the back and tries for a slam, but Aldo grabs the cage and receives a warning. Mendes tries again but Aldo stays upright. Aldo fires a few elbows backward. He breaks Mendes grip and turns and delivers a crushing knee. Mendes is down, and Aldo follows with crushing right hands. Devastating finish, and Aldo charges into the crowd. Amazing scene. Jose Aldo defeats Chad Mendes by KO at 4:59 of Round 1.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/26953/ufc-142-play-by-play-and-live-results.mma

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.