MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Howdy!

Thread: Howdy!
View Single Post

Old 01-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thane
MMA Fanatic

Thane will become famous soon enoughThane will become famous soon enoughThane will become famous soon enoughThane will become famous soon enoughThane will become famous soon enoughThane will become famous soon enoughThane will become famous soon enoughThane will become famous soon enoughThane will become famous soon enoughThane will become famous soon enoughThane will become famous soon enough
Howdy!

What up fellas my name is Chris and I am a kickboxer from Ireland and sort of a new comer to MMA (Fights that is, life long fan).

My story: I went undefeated in all my 16 kickboxing bouts and 4 - 0 in MMA. A few years ago I was to be called up to Cage Wars(UK fighting promotion)but I suffered an awful ankle injury that has left me sidelined and out of shape for over 3 years.

I was competeing in a #1 contender match for the Heavyweight title in a promotion over here. I was performing an axe kick that caught the other fighter directly on top of his head which KO'ed him good right? No! Niether Me or my corner were told that the guy had a metal plate in his head from an accident he had when he was younger. Dont even know how was allowed to fight.

My ankle completely shattered leaving me with a long lasting pain. There where times that I couldnt train so I sat home playing my xbox which got me highly addicted.

I started piling on the pounds! and forgot what my goal was. Now Im struggling to get back into the shape that i use to be!.

So i guess my real reason for being on this forum is to look for other fighters techiniques and tips to try and get motivated once again! and ofcourse to rant and praise about some of my favourite figthers and keep up to date with all MMA info!

Cheers Guys!