MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - **OFFICIAL** Rashad Evans vs Phil Davis Fight Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
oldfan
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY

oldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Material
Yes boys it was a long time ago. Rashad was a life long athlete 28 years old at the time. he's looking at 33 now. His vo2 max potential has probably not increased.

I know cardio hasn't been a problem lately but I see no reason to think that he has the advantage there now...

I'm a Rashad fan but, I'm also a Big Mr. Wonderful fan and there is something in my DNA that compels me to cheer for the underdog.

Phil Davis is one of the smartest most talented guys to ever step in that cage. He knows his weaknesses he's been working on them and now....

We'll see how wonderful he is.

Quote:
Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com Ok, seriously though, you're an incredibly physically imposing fighter. You were so physically dominant that in five of your UFC fights, two of your opponents immediately dropped weight classes (Brian Stann and Tim Boetsch) afterward and one left his country to come train with you (Alexander Gustafsson). Does that give you confidence at all now that you're stepping into the cage against an experienced guy like Rashad Evans?

Phil Davis: Yeah, it does give me a little confidence. Where he has experience, I have talent, skills. He has me beat in a lot of areas on paper, but that does give me a little confidence that I can still bring it.
I think Phil's greatest asset is his confidence.

He believes he has the heart of a champion.