MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Guns!!!!

Thread: Guns!!!!
View Single Post

Old 01-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #144 (permalink)
oldfan
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY

oldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluteal Cleft View Post
Oh, goodness... you have terrific options from S&W, Springfield, Sig, HK, Glock, Beretta, and others. These days, there are so many good, carry-worthy, even combat-worthy pistols that the hard part is just figuring out what your preference is. And any of them will be more accurate than 99.9% of the shooters out there.

There are even fancier options, like double-stack 9mm 1911s.

As for the Ruger P-series... they're tough and reliable like you can't believe. But they also have some of the worst triggers I've ever used. Sadly, that's been the Achilles heel of every Ruger pistol or rifle that I've ever shot.
I've seen "trigger slop" mentioned in reviews, in fact this guy here talks about it but, maybe because it's what I shoot far more than anything else, it doesn't feel bad to me.

Very accurate, indestructible and cheap.

ps./disclaimer: My dad gave me a strong bias towards Ruger. I don't shoot a lot of other guns very often. mine hit what I point 'em at and never jam.