Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Crazy Old Dude

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  El Bresko 
#1 ·
Long story short, 3 months ago, quit drinking & smoking. Stopped eating fast food years ago. 2 little kids (4&6), both just started karate. Wife takes kickboxing. Sooo at 43, 6'2" and 170lbs I decided 2 months ago to take Mauy Thai. I can already feel a huge difference in my health, chest, legs and attitude. We have A stationary bag (Wavemaster), heavy bag, Thai pads, Focus mitts ect. I even got the Scott Sullivan home dvd's and P90X. (no boxing or any training prior). My only major concern is I am a painter in a body shop and cannot afford a wrist injury, what is the best recommendation for an all around MMA glove for wrist support?? Not concerned about cost (I do wear bag gloves and wraps at home). Just want some thing good for sparring and pads at gym. Been eye balling the Karpal EX, or Hayabusa Pros. Any suggestions??

#2 ·
I never wrap my hands when training, i see it as a way of conditioning my wrists, make sure i use perfect hand positioning with every punch.

As long as you are wrapping your hands though you shouldn't have any trouble, you should train with handwraps and some 12oz gloves, or handwraps and 4oz gloves.

You should get some Venum or Hayabusa sparring gloves. They will cost around $100

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.