MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Sonnen-Bisping Love In

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
BrianRClover
Welterweight

BrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By All
I've always been a fan of Bisping, however one night of Chael not being a complete douchebag doesn't erase years of it for me.

I've forever appreciated Chael's post fight interviews, he will usually tell you EXACTLY what happened to him. It's very annoying when guys talk about shots that made their legs go weak and say things like "I wasn't really hurt"... Chael will tell you how bad it hurt him, and apparently will go as far as to say he "might" have lost the fight. I give him all the credit in the world for this trait.

So what perplexes me is why he is such a F***ing asshole to Anderson Silva. Yes, I am an Anderson Silva die hard fan, but regardless of that fact. What exactly did this one man do that made him hate him so much? It certainly can't be based solely on the fact that Anderson beat him since all of his BS trash talk started before they even fought.

To be clear I'm actually okay with trash talk. I like Koscheck, and I like Bisping... but these guys will for the most part admit to hyping a fight. Chael has quoted hundreds of times that he never "hypes" fights... okay fine, so you really are just an asshole then? Jones and Evans have some serious trash talk going on, Evans and Rampage did as well... however there were obviously serious personal issues there... I don't see how it is possible that personal issues of such a magnitude arose to justify the things Sonnen says. I say this fully acknowledging that I'm not behind the scenes with these guys and we don't know. However, in my opinion. Calling someone a "fraud" repeatedly, a "sham of a person and a sham of a champion" is WAY over the line. I don't know what most of you do for a living, but just imagine someone you work with referring to you in such a way. The only difference here is Sonnen does it in front of millions, and he sleeps just fine at night afterwords... this is the embodyment of a lowlife!

Here is a preemptive strike on the "Chael's so much smarter than you and trolling you" BS. Chael is making things personal with a man, who in my opinion, will and SHOULD go down as one of the greatest of all time, an accolade Chael Sonnen will NEVER hold. I see absolutely no reason for it. It might sound like a ridiculous statement, but think about this for a second. If I called Canadian Phsyco, a member I greatly respect, a "low life sham of a person, a fraud, and a poor excuse for a human being", I would be banned from the forum, possibly forever. So again, how can anyone endorse a man doing it in front of millions of people on a regular basis? If you're saying to yourself right now 'well that's totally different!', you're absolutely right, it's 100 times worse!

If one day, many years after Anderson's retirement he comes out and says "I was in on it the whole time, Chael and I talked on the phone regularly and we sold out a soccer arena!"... then I will admit, I will digest every word I've ever said about Chael Sonnen. A very large part me hopes that is the case... but in the meantime Chael honestly strikes me as either racist or just incredibly biased against a certain fighting style or specific fighting group, and I'm sorry, but I just don't see a reason for that.

**holy smokes, I have a slow day at work and didn't realize how long that rant went on. I'm not sorry for anything I said, but I do apologize for the insanely long read!
BrianRClover is offline   Reply With Quote