MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Damien Maia... The most frustrating fighter in the UFC?

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Killz
The Fun Police

Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
Damien Maia... The most frustrating fighter in the UFC?

When I watch Maia fight I always find myself feeling disappointed and somewhat frustrated with his performances in the Octagon.

This is a guy who has won god knows how many BJJ competitions and is for the most part considered one of, if not THE best bjj practitioner currently fighting in the UFC, yet he insists on ignoring the fact and continuously play the striking games, where lets face it, dispite his continued improvement, still sucks.

In last nights fight he ended up on the mat a few times and I was thinking 'ok, here we go' but he used his BJJ... TO STAND UP!!! I couldn't believe it. He was fighting a guy, who cut over 30lbs in 11 days and was viseably tired by the middle of round 2. If Maia had kept the fight on the floor, worked his positions and managed to put Weidman in some difficult positions I'm almost positive he could have got the W.

Maia looked terrible and worst of all he gassed. Imagine he had been fighting Bisping, a man who rarely, if ever gets tired in the cage. What an embarrassment that could have turned out to be.

"You see a mousetrap and I see free cheese and a f**king challenge" ~ Scroobius Pip

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo Carlos Condit Hector Lombard Edson Barboza Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
Killz is online now   Reply With Quote