MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Judges make mistakes in Weidman/Maia + Sonnen/Bisping

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ryan1522
Featherweight

Ryan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Why would anyone have to explain this? Most people, including this 'most loyal of Sonnen fans', acknowledge that it was an exceptionally close fight that very well could have gone either way. I called it a draw myself, so I'm not certain what you're getting at. Either man could have taken this fight, and it wouldn't have been a robbery. When it's that close, it's that close.

If anything, it shows that Chael, in reality, is a humble human being who can tip his hat and pay respect when it's due. God forbid Bisping ever acknowledge that he was defeated. He pulled the same stint with Wanderlei, and he's even claimed he feels he beat Rashad. Hell, I'm surprised he hasn't claimed he feels he beat Dan Henderson.

The fight was razor thin, and I wouldn't have been upset if Mike had taken it. Chael is just acknowledging how close it truly was... so again, what's your point? He also said during the press conference that he felt he won, so it wasn't a case of him saying, 'They gave it to the wrong guy'.
Chael said he thought Bisping won. It's a close fight and could have gone either way, I agree.

I'm just going to try to keep it objective and say I don't agree with the judging criteria.

I don't understand how holding a fighter down and pinning him against the cage would have won him rounds 1 and 2. Bisping hit with harder, more damaging shots in those rounds.

In round 3 it was a different story because Bisping didn't do anything to get out of it or strike him back.

Edson Barboza
Jose Aldo
Anderson Silva
Nate Diaz
Donald Cerrone
Jon Jones
Gabriel Gonzaga
Brandon Thatch

2014 Superfight Advocate

Jones vs Silva
Ryan1522 is offline   Reply With Quote