MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How would you do the third FOX show?

View Single Post

Old 01-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Hail the Potato
Amateur

Hail the Potato is a splendid one to beholdHail the Potato is a splendid one to beholdHail the Potato is a splendid one to beholdHail the Potato is a splendid one to beholdHail the Potato is a splendid one to beholdHail the Potato is a splendid one to beholdHail the Potato is a splendid one to beholdHail the Potato is a splendid one to beholdHail the Potato is a splendid one to beholdHail the Potato is a splendid one to beholdHail the Potato is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
For FOX, to attract new viewers, I would put on rather one dimensional fighters with good names. To present MIXED Martial Arts to a new audience that may sound paradoxical at first glance, but I think it isn't. MMA is too complex for a new spectator to really be able to understand and appreciate all its aspects. As good and enjoyable a fight like Henderson vs Guida for the MMA-educated spectator is as it showed almost all aspects of MMA, it would be too confusing for a new spectator without MMA-knowledge. That's why I think with rather one dimensional fighters that keep the fight most of the time in one area, a new spectator could better concentrate on the fight and understand what's happening with aid of Rogan's comments (for FOX events Rogan should do more explanatory commenting).
I like that idea. That's how most of us got into MMA. It could provide good context for new fans.

But couldn't fox just run classic ufc fights every saturday night on Fuel instead?
Hail the Potato is offline   Reply With Quote