MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - War Machine going back to jail

View Single Post

Old 02-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
SmackyBear
Bantamweight

SmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For Greatness
I went to the website for the Clark County courts.

State of Nevada vs War Machine

Charges:

1. ATT. BATTERY WITH SUBSTANTIAL BODILY HARM (FELONY)

Statute: 200.481

Level: Felony

Date: 02/08/2009

He entered a guilty plea 09/29/2011.

Given that the date of incidence is right around the gay nightclub assault, and the website shows WM is a co-defendant in a civil suit with the same nightclub, I'd say we've found out what the sentencing is for.

A quick skimming makes it look like he could have been sentenced to up to five years. I can't be too surprised that he got a year (the minimum for the conviction, though I'm sure it could have been suspended if the judge wanted to) given his long history of battery. His pre-sentencing report was probably pretty ugly.