MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMA Fight (Give opinion pls)

View Single Post

Old 02-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Halfraq9
Flyweight

Halfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to behold
It doesn't sound like I can tell you alot more that you haven't mentioned already. Neither of you had a great stand up game IMHO.

Here is what I saw from what I watched..
- you need to be on your toes, not flat footed
- slipping, bobbing, rolling and general head movement were non- existent.
- Related to the comment above, you need tons more head movement when against someone with that much reach on you
- You turned away from kicks rather than tightening you leg and "bumping" the kick. checking the kick is also an option.
- you need to throw something back in your stand up, even if it is a few jabs with no intention of them landing. Give your opponent something to look at or perceive a threat while you do something else..

I didn't watch the whole fight but it seems like you did a good job on top and your opponent was not able to do alot. Good job there.

In summary, focus on kickboxing techniques for at least 6 months before your next fight, and probably a year after that. Your opponent was wide open for any number of body or head shot KO's.

Hope this helps. All my respect for stepping up!!
Halfraq9 is offline   Reply With Quote