MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator season 6

View Single Post

Old 02-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #75 (permalink)
FixedPartialArt
MMA Fanatic

FixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
Yeah, expanding the summer series would definately be a good idea. I definately don't agree that the bantemweights should be on the prelims. It should have it's own fight card.
Well, they would only be mired on the prelims for one round, and two of the fights could be fit into main cards between 62 and 63. I think the boys involved would prefer fighting sooner rather than all being featured from the beginning. Besides, if the bantam tourney is delayed until summer, then it would crowd out another tournament like say a much needed one for the heavyweight division. Cole has had a dearth of action since seizing the championship, and the trend would continue if they delay a prospective HW tourney until fall. Thankfully for them Cole has been passive about the treatment. Unfortunately for them though Chandler is a more assertive character and he's starting to itch for a fight before his next challenger would be ready. He wants to fight in spring. One of the ideas I've bandied about before to resolve this inevitable issue was Chandler-Kawajiri at a catch-weight. Otherwise, this would be a perfect time to start incorporating a tweak in the system to where if the existing champion loses a super-fight, the title is vacated, and then the super-fight winner would face the tourney winner for the championship. I know they don't want to jeopardize the meritorious system that's been created, but they need more flexibility for title challengers, could use a little more established talent flowing into the org, and if the tourney participants don't like it obviously they'd have a say on who wins the belt.
FixedPartialArt is offline   Reply With Quote