MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator season 6

View Single Post

Old 02-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #77 (permalink)
FixedPartialArt
MMA Fanatic

FixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really nice
According to Rob Joyner of S.I. and MMA Payout, the bantam quarters will be split between their April 6th and 20th events. So the tourney will spill into the summer series, but only one event in probably, and all their fights will be on main cards along way. In the end I think they struck a pretty good balance. No need to artificially constrain yourself to the time limits of one particular season. I think the bigger issue is giving one fighter 2 more weeks of recovery for the finale than the other.

Good news about Cole Konrad's future activity. Bjorn himself stated that unless there are complications from the Monster-Prindle match, the winner will face Konrad before season's end.

They have been suspiciously quiet about Lombard's impending defense against Shlemenko. I put little credence initially in the report about Lombard facing Khalidov in KSW, but I'm starting to wonder now. Regardless, they should have Lombard defend against Shlemenko on the 63 card. Shlemenko can't sit on the shelf until summer/fall and in turn the next MW tourney champ have his shot delayed also.
FixedPartialArt is offline   Reply With Quote