MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Totally New

Thread: Totally New
View Single Post

Old 02-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
mastodon2222
Bantamweight

mastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Just recently I started taking MMA classes. It's only been a month. I have never wrestled or taken any martial arts prior to the classes I'm taking now. I'm starting to get a little discouraged because we only practice twice a week and I don't have anyone to practice with throughout the week. Everytime I go in I end up rolling with him and I always get my ass kicked. I just don't feel like the information I'm learning really soaks in and I keep getting submitted. When will I actually feel like I can somewhat defend myself against him? It's really discouraging.
Patience Grasshopper ...every time you get tapped, go back to that position and ask a more experienced guy how to avoid/counter. When you're getting your a** kicked, you don't feel like you're getting better, but you are.
Train for a few months and then roll with your newbie friends and you'll be amazed how easy it is to tap them.
mastodon2222 is offline   Reply With Quote