MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Boss Says Condit waiting for St. Pierre.

View Single Post

Old 02-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #32 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is World Renownjonnyg4508 Is World Renownjonnyg4508 Is World Renownjonnyg4508 Is World Renownjonnyg4508 Is World Renownjonnyg4508 Is World Renownjonnyg4508 Is World Renownjonnyg4508 Is World Renownjonnyg4508 Is World Renownjonnyg4508 Is World Renownjonnyg4508 Is World Renown
^

I thought he was "sick" of waiting. He kept saying how he has trained for 6 months for the Diaz fight because things kept happening. I thought he wanted to stay busy?

Also, definite opponent? Says who? What if he waits for what? 9 months? Almost a whole year...and GSP gets injured again. What happens then? He would have just wasted almost a year of his career.

It is ridiculous for any fighter to sit out 9-10 months if they aren't injured. It is a waste of time.

The interim crap means nothing. It is just a way the UFC can promote "Champion vs. Champion" when Condit isn't the Champ of anything. It was a #1 contenders match with some plastic belt up for grabs.

Honestly I think interim titles are dumb. What is the point of them anyway? Just have these #1 contenders matches be 5 rounders? Why even involve a fake title? It is all hype that really makes no sense.

Interim titles should never be used. I can't think of one good reason to use them other than the Brock situation.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote