MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Boss Says Condit waiting for St. Pierre.

View Single Post

Old 02-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
RedRocket44
Bantamweight

RedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraMaI View Post
I don't blame him at ALL considering the ******* circus he went through leading up to this fight. At least now he has a definite opponent in waiting for GSP.
exactly my thoughts.

From day 1 I thought Condit was better than Diaz, but Diaz simply got the shot at GSP because of the "good guy/bad guy" angle that the UFC could sell. Condit doesn't talk much trash, and selling GSP/Diaz is much easier than 2 "gentlemen" fighting each other.

Diaz no shows at pressers, so Condit gets the fight, but then GSP has his injury. After beating Penn, Diaz further tries to sell the "good guy/bad guy" angle by accusing GSP of faking the injury, and then it's no surprise GSP wants the original match vs. Diaz.

Condit beat Diaz (as I suspected he would), so Diaz throws a temper tantrum. The guy has no class - in less than 6 months of being back in the UFC he has;
1. missed pressers (for a title fight)
2. claimed GSP was faking an injury
3. retired
4. pissed positive for illegal substance
5. accused Condit of only accepting a rematch because Condit somehow knew Diaz would piss positive.

I don't mind the "bad guy" attitude that some UFC fighters try to portray. I hated Koscheck during his recent bout with GSP, but I was actually pulling for him in his last 2 fights. Diaz is just an idiot.
RedRocket44 is offline   Reply With Quote