MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Boss Says Condit waiting for St. Pierre.

View Single Post

Old 02-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #40 (permalink)
Ryan1522
Featherweight

Ryan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
There is no GSP to wait for.

GSP is out, has been out, and will be out for at least 9 more months. He doesn't exist in the championship scheme of things until he is medically cleared, and signed to fight. That is why there is an interim title.

Condit is the defending champion. Until GSP comes back and earns his title by defeating Condit.

Carlos Condit is the defending interim champion that is what these titles are created for.

This is just B.S. now IMO.

You hit the nail on the head, but I think Dana and crew aren't viewing it this way. It's like they just decided to make the Interim title Diaz-Condit fight because that's what you do when the champ is injured and can't fight. It's like they weren't looking down the road thinking that it would be logical for him to defend the belt instead of waiting 9 months to fight the true champ.

I think it's a matter of time before Dana and crew realize they are going to have to have Condit defend his title and then we can all stop complaining. Dana is usually very logical and often admits when he is wrong.

Soon they will realize that people want to see Condit defend his belt and e may see an Ellenberger rematch. I think they are also biding their time until Nick's hearing to see what the decision holds for him to ensure the Diaz-Condit rematch is indeed out of the question.

Edson Barboza
Jose Aldo
Anderson Silva
Nate Diaz
Donald Cerrone
Jon Jones
Gabriel Gonzaga
Brandon Thatch

2014 Superfight Advocate

Jones vs Silva

Last edited by Ryan1522 : 02-16-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Ryan1522 is offline   Reply With Quote