MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Luger's Training program

View Single Post

Old 02-17-2012, 02:45 AM   #178 (permalink)
luger0
Flyweight

luger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry

Hey guys,

I have been battling a bout of depression...I know it will sound classic and all..but I feel it is centered on the fact that I injured my hand.

I had a good talk with my instructor a few nights back, that motivated me.
"Even when you are hurt the martial artist never dies inside"

It is really rough for me to neglect the lifting exercises I used in the past and really enjoyed.

On one hand, I have revisited a lot of things I neglected when I was doing my lifting drills. I have gone back to body-weight exercises for my upper-body.

Tuesday of this week I got rather pissed at a manager and later that night I took it out on myself. For ages I haven't done pushups or dips...boy was I in for a surprise!

I did 3x10,3x15, and 2x20 "failure at the last dip" if I had the power in me I would've gone onto 3x20 and tried for a 25 set. I know this sounds crazy but I did all of this in my bathroom. I saw a movie about bench dips and thought the bathroom sink would be a good platform, so I rested my feet on the toilet seat which is wooden and did the torture workout.

In between the major sets I did 25 pushups.

Come Wednesday and Thursday I was in pain whenever I moved....the strain goes down into the low back which I never knew. I never realized how many muscles the dip actually targets until learning the hard way..

Today I did 4x10 dips throughout the day along with 200 pushups in sets of 50. I had neglected these as well so I am shocked that I was able to pump out 50 to a set.

Regardless of the fact that I am breaking down physically, and I know I am on that path right now I am working my upper-body to the max! It has been far too long since I visited my chiropractor and I am sliding down a very dangerous slope.

This week I noticed pain in my right hamstring that I never experienced prior, and tuesday I experienced pain in the calf and hamstring on my left leg which is completly new to me.

In the past I know that I would have the pleasure of having pain in the ankle, calf,knee, hamstring, or quad muscle on my left leg all independent of each other never at the same time. It scares the shit out of me to experience two muscles in pain at the same time.

Throughout life there are bumps along the way some may be painful...others not...who gives a damn in the end you'll still die
luger0 is offline   Reply With Quote