MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How long?

Thread: How long?
View Single Post

Old 02-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bosood
MMA Fanatic

Bosood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
How long?

So I am looking to get some information on how long you think I should train before I fight. I was a wrestler for 6 years, starting in middle school ending in high school, I placed in state my senior year and competed on the national team in Fargo ND, I am taking a judo class now that is kind of mediocre, but it gives me some grappling experience and I am learning submissions (the teacher doesn't really care what we do when we go live so it's not authentic Judo) I am also beginning to get into shape again working out at the gym. I am 19 and will finish my freshman year of college the first week of may and go back the 3rd or 4th week of August. I plan to start training at a gym when I get back and I have two to choose from. One is Brave Legion where rick story trains out of and the other is a much smaller gym where some wrestlers that wrestled in my area and went on to D1 wrestling in college are training, this gym is a little bit closer to the price I feel like I'd be comfortable paying. on the whole I was wondering if training from may until early august/end of July would be enough to get a fight in maybe august, or if I should just hold off and wait till I get some more experience. Thanks ahead of time.

I forgot to state originally that this is not a professional fight it is an amateur fight.

Last edited by Bosood : 02-17-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention this is an amateur fight
Bosood is offline   Reply With Quote