MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - King Mo in bad mecidal condition

View Single Post

Old 02-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
kney
MMA fighter

kney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level nowkney is on another level now
King Mo in bad mecidal condition

It seems that currently suspended Strikeforce fighter, King Mo, could really use everyone’s prayers right now.

Robert Joyner who has feelanced for Sports Illustrated in the past broke the story earlier today about Mohammed Lawal a/k/a King Mo of Strikeforce fighting through complications suffered during surgery on his ACL. Below is Joyner’s original tweet breaking the story:

Quote:
“On the King Mo situation, hearing from those close to him he’s in a bad situation. He got injured in the Larkin fight, had to get another ACL. There were complications and he ended up with a very bad staph infection that was life threatening, and nearly required amputation. Mo had to have 5 surgeries in 12 days before staph was gone. Currently he’s taking an iv directly into his heart every day for six weeks. Making the situation even worse, this was a recurrence of same injury within 18 months, so Zuffa/SF insurance won’t cover the ACL surgery or the subsequent follow-ups for the staph. Mo is/will have to come out of pocket on medical bills that may well reach into six figures.”

Source: http://cagejunkies.com/2012/02/king-...cal-condition/

I'm supporting:
HW: Cain Velasquez, Pat Barry
LHW: Jon Jones, Chael Sonnen
MW: Chris Weidman, Michael Kuiper
WW: Demian Maia
LW: Benson Henderson, Clay Guida
FW: Jose Aldo
kney is offline   Reply With Quote