MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMA - beginner

Thread: MMA - beginner
View Single Post

Old 02-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Budhisten

Budhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF Material
Getting tooled by someone who's been training far longer than yourself is part of the humbling experience that you go through in every martial art out there.

You should be sparring and training with people a little above your level most of the time - then test it against someone even better...

You won't learn as much if you're always winning

I remember the first time i attended a BJJ class and I was doing OK with the other newbies - came in the next time and rolled with a (theoretical, no gi) blue belt and I was tapped in litteraly seconds! I felt so dissappointed in myself, but then I changed my mind and willed myself to get better.
When I finally caught him (after many sessions) it just felt that much sweeter

MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline   Reply With Quote