MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Luger's Training program
View Single Post
post #182 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
I have been focusing on stretching more this week and I am seeing some huge gains on my side split. I am pretty close to being to have my legs flat, from what I can tell there is roughly 6 inches to drop below I can accomplish this feat!

I attribute the gains to diligence and a 70lb dumbell.

I could add weight to it and get it to 80-100 lbs and work just a little more and I think I'll do this tomorrow. Every little bit helps. I if I have to I can bring the dumbell to the gym one of these days and add more than 100 lbs, I would feel safe that way.

The beauty of the weight assist is if it hurts after the time I allot for it I just drop the dumbell to the floor.

I got a bit of good news, my right hand felt great last night when I attempted a dead-lift session. I wore my lifting belt and punched out 80 lifts @ 170 pounds. I did this in 2 sets of 25 & 15. It seems I had a great deal of endurance left from all of the lifts I have done prior. I never really did any heavy numbers like the 25 and 15 so I totally shocked myself.

I tried a short run with a friend tonight we went out a mile and on the return my left quad muscle cramped up bad. It hurt like hell just walking on it. So much for running anytime in the near future.

Throughout life there are bumps along the way some may be painful...others not...who gives a damn in the end you'll still die
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome