MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The culinary arts thread!!

View Single Post

Old 03-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
Budhisten

Budhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF Material
Ok, as I promised here's one of my favorite every-day meals

Shakshuka
Originally an Israelian dish it's really easy, really good looking and hence - easy to impress with Also it's a no-meat dish, but it's still one of my favorites, even though I appreciate meat as much as the next guy

I usually eat it with a bit of naan-bread on the side

Here's what you'll need: (Serves 2)
- 2 fresh jalapenos (Minced)
- 1 onion (Minced)
- 4-5 garlic cloves (Minced)
- A bit of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of spicy paprika
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 eggs
- 50-75g of feta chese
- Fresh parsley
- 1-2 minced chilis if you're feeling froggy

Saute the onion, jalapenos and chili in the olive oil. Once done, add the garlic. Next step is to add the various spices and the peeled tomatoes, the amounts of salt and pepper you can regulate to suit your taste, same goes with the chili.
Let it simmer/boil until the texture becomes a bit thicker (Probably 15-25 minutes).
Add the eggs (Both white and yolk) and let it all boil somewhere in between 5 and 15 minutes. You'll want the white to be cooked, but the yolk should still be a bit runny.
After this you sprinkle the dish with freshly chopped parsley and feta chese - and you're done!

What you should end up with is something like this:

Serve in a deep dish with a side of naan bread or pita bread - enjoy!

BTW just stickied the thread

MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!

Last edited by Budhisten : 03-03-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Budhisten is offline   Reply With Quote