MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Assess and critique me please? *video*

View Single Post

Old 03-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Hawndo
Sleepy

Hawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatHawndo Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Your striking seems okay and you're a confident striker not afraid to engage which is great but you drop your hands (very low in the second video) and swing from the hips when throwing a combo, easy to do when you're caught in the moment, especially when tired. What my coach does when I do it is tell me to exaggerate where I hold my hands, I usually sit with my wrists at temple level or on my forehead and tuck my elbows in, it forces me to not drop my hands either when tired or when throwing. I know I'd never fight or heavy spar like that but it helps me a lot in that specific aspect.

Mind your range with the kicks, I noticed the same as above.

If it's an MMA fight you have coming up I'd like to see a bit more grappling, maybe some cagework, takedows, sprawls and rolling for a full critique.

Hope this helps and best of luck, huge respect for anyone willing to compete!

Thanks to Leakler for the sig
Hawndo is offline   Reply With Quote