MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I just can't stand GSP

View Single Post

Old 03-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #51 (permalink)
TommyToeHold
MMA Fanatic

TommyToeHold has a little shameless behaviour in the pastTommyToeHold has a little shameless behaviour in the past
[quote=anderton46;1359292The fact GSP has the ability to fight safe and still win in such dominant fashion should say something about the guy.
[/QUOTE]

THIS. Fighting safe is why GSP is so impressive. It's not like these guys he's fighting are just standing around saying, "gosh, why won't he fight me." They are all trying to beat GSP. And they can't do it. Call it safe, call it boring, call it whatever you want to call it. The fact is, plenty of good fighters have had their shot, and they all (sans Serra) leave the octagon saying, "I just couldn't do it."

There's nothing wrong with game planning or fighting smart. As far as the 'entertainment factor' argument goes, that's not the fighter's problem. GSP gets paid for being the champ and winning fights. Not making exciting stuff happen in the octagon.
TommyToeHold is offline   Reply With Quote