MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #19832 (permalink)
Rusty
Gone Hunting

Rusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings System
My sister has been tracing our ancestry for the last few years and just sent me this text message...

"Our 4th or 5th great grandfather Johnathan W. Mylastname was captured in the fight for Atlanta and died in a union pow camp. He was a confederate." My sister always hoped we were yankees

Turns out our family split when the civil war broke out and the southern half changed the spelling of their name to a Y in place of a double E. Not that it has much to do with me since I was the first generation of my family name to not go to war but it still brings a sense of pride.

Makes me wish the US had a war worth fighting that would encourage me to volunteer and not sit in my home country hating what it has become. I wish you well