MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Matt Hughes 'at a crossroads between fighting another fight or retirement

View Single Post

Old 03-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
TommyToeHold
MMA Fanatic

TommyToeHold has a little shameless behaviour in the pastTommyToeHold has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I hope he fights. I would never want other people to tell me when to hang it up. Everybody get so nostalgic about great pro athletes. Yes, Matt was amazing. Yes, he's not what he was. But if the guy still has the urge to do it, who am I to say, "Nah, you shouldn't do that because I only want to remember you one way." Personally, I'd like to go kicking and screaming.

Think about it from Hughes's perspective: He's 38, and compared to the rest of the population, he's damn near Superman. So he's supposed to just stop doing what he loves at 38? And you can say, "Well, he can just train, now. That will keep him close to the sport." But anybody that's ever done that knows, it's not the same. It's rewarding, but it's not being in there and getting after it.

Keep fighting till you can't or you don't want to anymore, Matt.
TommyToeHold is offline   Reply With Quote