MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jose Aldo Headlines UFC 149 in Calgary, Dana White Promises ‘Sick’ Card

View Single Post

Old 03-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ryan1522
Featherweight

Ryan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Yes, Round 1 of Edgar/Maynard II.

I have a serious problem with a round like that, where Maynard dropped Edgar four times, hit him over 90 times, and the fight literally could have been stopped at any moment being scored the same as rounds like the fifth of Hendo/Shogun, the third of McCall/Johnson and Penn/Fitch, to me those rounds aren't the same, Fitch, Shogun, and McCall all landed a ton of unanswered shots and I would have scored them 10-8 myself but none of those was as bad as Edgar/Maynard II, the ref could have stopped Edgar/Maynard II on several occasions and not a complaint would have been made.

Part of me thinks they'll give Davis a guy like Bonnar because he was severely outclassed by Evans and Machida's probably the last guy they want in there with Davis. Shogun/Machida III seems like it could happen and I think it'd have a ton of intrigue, and both guys need as many fights as possible because I don't really think they have that much time left in MMA.
Firstly, Shogun-Hendo fifth round was 10-9, not 10-8;however I totally understand your point. I think it could have been 10-7 for Maynard as well.

Secondly, I also agree that they might not won't Davis in there with Machida just yet, because they need Davis for the future of the division and they can't risk him losing credibility again.

Lastly, I agree that Machida-Shogun 3 could garner some interest, but I disagree with you that his time is nearing it's end. Machida is only 33 and he's super talented. He's a got a few good years left imo.

Edson Barboza
Jose Aldo
Anderson Silva
Nate Diaz
Donald Cerrone
Jon Jones
Gabriel Gonzaga
Brandon Thatch

2014 Superfight Advocate

Jones vs Silva
Ryan1522 is offline   Reply With Quote