MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jose Aldo Headlines UFC 149 in Calgary, Dana White Promises ‘Sick’ Card

View Single Post

Old 03-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1522 View Post
Firstly, Shogun-Hendo fifth round was 10-9, not 10-8;however I totally understand your point. I think it could have been 10-7 for Maynard as well.

Secondly, I also agree that they might not won't Davis in there with Machida just yet, because they need Davis for the future of the division and they can't risk him losing credibility again.

Lastly, I agree that Machida-Shogun 3 could garner some interest, but I disagree with you that his time is nearing it's end. Machida is only 33 and he's super talented. He's a got a few good years left imo.
He's only 33 yes but if you remember his dad wanted him to retire after the Shogun loss, he's just not as vocal about as a guy like Rampage who bitches and moans constantly about it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Machida/Bader and Davis/Shogun but I'd be down for the final Shogun/Machida, I'm pretty confident Machida would beat him again especially after Shogun's rough 2011.

Also, I'm still not sure why the judges didn't give Shogun and Hendo 10-8 rounds in that fight.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote