Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

TUF Brasil Discussion

14K views 81 replies 23 participants last post by  John8204 
#1 ·
See less See more
#17 ·
I can't answer that not having FUEL but maybe they aren't showing it on the same day. I'm just watching on ufc.com. Don't know if I'm pulling for 'Time Vitor or Time Wanderlei' but I do know it's a lot more fun to watch this kind of show when it's uncensored, even Dana. You don't even have to wait for the DVD. This one has some characters for sure, I heard Mario Yamasaki say 'Wolverine is moving into the house'. And that Jason dude with the mask won his fight too. Damm really needed a comeback to win his fight, however you spell ?Massanduraba went right through his guy.

#20 ·
Awesome first episode. Some real potential on this season. I like how every fighter says they want the belt and are going to get it. It's great to hear prospects thinking big, rather than the US contestants just hoping to make it in the house haha.

P.S Spoiler ahead:

Every time Dana white says "This guy is nasty", expect to see that guy beaten within the next minute hahaha.

#23 ·
I really enjoyed it, some good fights.

At featherweight i think John Teixeira will be the one to beat - good stand up, a nice submission, and a 13-0 pro record. Marcos Pancini looked good too, and Rodrigo Damm will probably be in the final 4 too.

At middleweight Drinaldo looked an absolute beast, and even though he fights at lightweight, he looked a decent sized middleweight so not sure whats going on there! The experienced Heleno will be a contender too. And Leonardo Mafra is a tough SOB, that was a great fight.

Be interesting to see the first proper episode next week.

#25 ·
Decent episode, the fighters were all great athletes with great physiques compared to some American counterparts. I don't get why the coaches were saying the last fight was so great though, that wasn't that good of a fight. I actually felt embarassed at how gassed out both guys were in the third round.
Also i hate it when they do a highlight reel of a fight instead of airing it in its entirety, that's why I liked the FX Live premiere better because you got to see everything.
Overall I definitely like the TUF Live season better than TUF Brasil so far but I'm curious to see how Brazilians' in-house antics compare to Americans' drunken shenanigans :)

#27 ·
It's going to take me all season to get their names down. Some of them just use one name, others use nicknames, and some use nicknames mixed with real names. :confused:

The fights were very good. A little technical boxing would go a long way with most of them.

#28 ·
Whats going to be the deal with spoilers for this? Anyways I'm going to discuss what I saw, how to tell them apart and who I think could win. If you don't want to be spoiled for the episode...why are you in this thread? But just stop reading now.

1) Rony "Jason" Mariano Bezerra
2) Godofredo "Pepey" de Oliveira
3) Hugo "Wolverine" Viana
4) Rodrigo Damm
5) Wagner "Galeto" Campos
6) Anistavio "Gasparzinho" Medeiros
7) John "Macapa" Teixeira
8) Marcos Vinicius "Vina" Borges​

Guys who I think could win
Little Teixeira, seems like the only FW that's really well rounded I expect him to be the first pick because I think the talent disparity is wide in this division.
"Vina", the award for the loudest strikes go to Vina who sounded like Jose Aldo but looked like Kenny Florian. I really like his chances against these guys.

Guys who could make the finals
Pepey, was the giant FW who was able to finish his guy with a triangle.
Jason, got knocked down in his fight, looks like he has holes in his standup, but I believe he's the biggest of the FW's.
Gasper, looked fast and wild, I think with proper coaching he could be this seasons winner. I liked what I saw from his cardio, striking, and wrestling.

Could go either way
Wolverine, the most distinctive of the group, he has solid skills but I wonder what's going to happen when he faces taller fighters who can use their range to defeat him.
Rodrigo Damm, he's suppossed to be a front runner but his standup looked pretty bad, he won that fight on a mistake from the other guy.

not making it past the first round.
"Galeto" What we saw wasn't impressive, but his standup looked good and his posture lets me believe that's he's difficult to get to the ground. He might be the type of guuy who outpoints the better Rodrigo or Wolverine.

1) Francisco "Massaranduba" Drinaldo
2) Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira
3) Daniel Sarafian
4) Sergio "Serginho" Moraes
5) Thiago "Bodao" de Oliveira Perpetuo
6) Delson "Pe De Chumbo" Heleno
7) Renee Forte
8) Leonardo "Macarrao" Mafra Teixeira​

The Middleweights looked more impressive and were easier to tell apart.

Guys who I think can win.
1. Massaranduba, had a 14 second fight and just walked through his opponent, he seems like the top striker at that weight class.
2. Pe De Chumbo, was the black brazilian and the only one who really impressed me with his wrestling, he looked like he's a 205 who cut down to 185.
3. Daniel Sarafian, he's built like a Brazlian Ryan Bader, showed very good sub defense, wrestling and hands, I think he's someone to watch.

Could be finalists.
4. "Serginho" Moraes , was locked in a double leg lock. He has a very calm personality which I enjoy and think that translates to the cage.
5. Thiago Bodao was the guy with cancer, he's a wrestler and a GNP guy but I believe he's undersized and he might be the weakest of this batch.

I don't think will make the finals or win or win a fight.
6. "Mutante" seemed like the weakest, he broke the rules, his legs were kicked out from under him, he has a good chin but I think he'll get KO'd.
7. Big Teixeira I'd rank him higher but he took so much damage in his fight and he was taken down often by a guy who didn't look like he was much of a wrestler.
8. Renee Forte I thought he lost his fight, looks like he's going to be fed to one of the bigger guy in this group.

#30 ·
Did anyone catch Hugo Viana's height? The guy looked extremely short when fighting his opponent. That could pose some problems for him if guys want to keep him at the end of their jabs. His elbows on the ground however, looked vicious.

#33 ·
Decent episode, took a while to get used to all that reading during the non-fight time. And how the subtitles called everybody 'featherweight' or 'middleweight'. But the fights are still the best part of the show and don't matter which language when they're on, even if the fights are lame they beat house antics. I thought team Wanderlei was badass, the coaches I mean, wonder if the Belfort team knows what they are missing out on and are secretly pissed or something. Well except that guy that was talking about his mom anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.