MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Stop Smoking Thread.

View Single Post

Old 03-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr Gonzo
Number 1 Nerf-Herder

Dr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A Baller
The Stop Smoking Thread.

Today, marks day 7 for me. I've now gone a full week without smoking tobacco. I feel sooooooooo much better both physically and mentally. My wallet feels heavier too! I just wanted to create a thread where people who smoke or used to smoke can talk to other people about all the pitfalls of smoking.

This past week has proven to be difficult I admit, but nowhere near as difficult as I'd thought It'd be. If there are any smokers on here who want to quit, feel free to come on to this thread to talk about ideas and ways of quitting. For some, its more difficult than others but with the right support and smoking aids anyone can quit.

Theres no health benefits AT ALL for smoking. The only thing thats keeping you hooked is the nicotine. If you look at this objectivly and logically, all you have to do is replace the nicotine. People like to have a cigarette to help calm nerves etc. There is NO medical evidence to support this. Its all in your mind and the cigarette acts like a Placebo.

Wehn you look at things in this was like I did, you will hopefully, like me, feel stupid for smoking something that has no health benfits and pretty much just gives you cancer. I'm not getting mugged off by nicotine and cigarettes anymore.

This thread is for ex-smokers who can lend advice and current smokers who are looking to quit, any other advice or help from any other memeber is greatly welcomed.

Lets help each other!!

I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote