Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

TUF Brasil Discussion

14K views 81 replies 23 participants last post by  John8204 
#1 ·
See less See more
#37 ·
I agree it was a poor fight, Campos put zero offence together that fight, don't see how Wanderlei thought he won. Wasn't hugely impressed by Pepey either, he shot for the takedowns from halfway accross the octagon! Don't think either of these will be in the UFC long.

#38 ·
I don't understand why Campos was so tentative when his opponent was throwing very sloppy wild strikes and went for take downs from a mile away. He could almost complete the sentence "I'm gonna throw a knee at you by the time you reach me." during Pepeys take down attempts, but he didn't even seem to consider one. He just stuffed the take downs and then backed off without a significant retaliation. The fact that he was tentative against a very poor striker who left himself open many times shows that he has a lot of work to do if he wants to make it in the UFC.

I don't see Pepey making it in the UFC at the moment either.

#40 ·
I'm a bit disappointed in the level of the fighters so far. I always imagined that Brazil was this untapped gold mine full of future UFC stars, but all I'm seeing is sloppy fights with little technical boxing and no wrestling ability whatsoever (understandable I suppose).

I'll continue to watch. I'm sure I haven't seen enough of some of the fighters to accurately assess their talent level, but man, some awful fights so far.

#43 · (Edited)
I don't agree with his examples of guys standing out, but I do enjoy TUF Live more. Call me a typical American if you want, I'll understand, but I have trouble getting passed the sub titles, and nobody stands out personality wise (entertainment between fights is important considering it's reality tv) and while both shows haven't shown the best skill levels yet, TUF Brazil has shown some of the worst striking thus far that I've seen in a long time. I also have to keep looking up their names to remember who is who.

Once again, typical American response I know, I understand that it's directed toward Brazil. Just stating which TUF I've enjoyed more so far. Hopefully Brazil has somewhat enjoyed it.

#45 ·
Decent epidsode, still not very impressed with the talent. Most of the guys seem pretty boring so it's basically been the Gasparzihno show.

I don't mind the subtitles, it's second nature for me to read and watch. What I don't like is how they don't fully translate everything. I'm sure it's just slang for the most part, but it's kind of annoying.

#51 ·
Did anybody watch the new episode tonight? I saw the first half and the crazy new player went back to the beginning and it wouldn't fast forward or let me go back to where I was without starting over again and again. Plus I already knew who won the fight thanks to their still image before I hit play. Guess I'll wait for the youknowwhat or the DVD.

#52 ·
Worked fine for me, but I watched it full screen and skipped ahead in parts so I likely missed the bad code.

I don't know what Wanderlei is doing to his guys but it's like he's taken quality fighters and regressed them to the Real Housewives of Brasil. His guys have looked out of shape, scarred and unskilled.

#58 ·
So far i've not seen anyone i think can be a top 10 fighter. I was most impressed with Daniel Sarafian who looked good. Hugo Wolvolrine is a good scrappy dude, looks small though, i think he should drop to 135.

#60 ·
Yea agreed, plus many of the guys have very impressive records so i was excited. Maybe the Brazilian MMA scene isn't as advanced as we think, and its just a select few studs that have stood out.

#62 ·
"Imagine if god answered everyone's prayers,
How would the world be?"

WTF mma comment of the year!!!!!

p.s. said like if the end result would be a piece of crap. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.