MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Can a wing chun master take anyone in the ufc?

View Single Post

Old 04-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
wingchun guy
MMA Fanatic

wingchun guy has a spectacular aura aboutwingchun guy has a spectacular aura aboutwingchun guy has a spectacular aura aboutwingchun guy has a spectacular aura aboutwingchun guy has a spectacular aura aboutwingchun guy has a spectacular aura aboutwingchun guy has a spectacular aura aboutwingchun guy has a spectacular aura aboutwingchun guy has a spectacular aura aboutwingchun guy has a spectacular aura aboutwingchun guy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingchun guy View Post
Yeah. You think so?? I think a wing chun practitioner who trains in defence against a bjj or any jiu-jitsu guy would kill him in a matter of seconds!! You are going on the premise that a wing chun guy would give him a chance to grab a hold of him and take him down. BIG MISTAKE,BUDDY!! A real wing chun master would not make that mistake (and neither would I, and I am not a master!!). You have to remember that a fight starts standing up, and that is where the wing chun master would have a MAJOR ADVANTAGE!! Usually Jiu-jitsu guys don't train in boxing, and MMA guys train in boxing,karate,kick-boxing and Jiu-Jitsu. Wing chun has the edge on ALL of these because of the basic nature of the style. It is a very efficient, very quick, and contrary to your belief and the belief of others, very powerful in a short distance (usually a matter of inches). Bruce Lee was a perfect example of that and he didn't even really follow the wing chun teachings(although he was taught the MODIFIED STYLE, with no footwork or entry techniques). He took his wc training and used the underlying principles and carried it over to JKD. All a wing chun master would have to do is enter, trap the hand and pound the shit out of the helpless sap and it would be over.
And what is this?? It just shows a wing chun practioner of lower rank going up against someone of a higher rank. So what?? What does it prove. How about showing me a wing chun master going against another master.
wingchun guy is offline   Reply With Quote