MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad Evans dissects Jones vs Rampage

View Single Post

Old 04-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
vilify
All Eyez on Me

vilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatnessvilify Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Insight is right there, bro. Thing is, it all makes sense what he is saying. Especially being a tall rangy guy myself, the worst thing that can happen to me standing is when a shorter Tysonesque guy is getting up in my face with short hooks and body blows instead of moving around and giving me time to find my range. That's the biggest mistake Rampage made and that's what cost him. Otherwise Rampage's takedown defence was excellent throughout.

That's what Rashad has to do in the stand up, imitate Tyson and then let his natural grappling gifts fall into place.
Since I'm rooting for Rashad I'm a bit worried that his chances of winning are based on him doing the impossible.

Rashad might be able to get in and out a few times but he won't have much success staying in there. Never mind pulling off a Tyson- like onslaught. Jones will keep him at bay at all cost even if it means circling the octagon for 5 mins with his hands in Rashads face throwing an occasional kick to the knee.

In the event Rashad does get close Jones will tie him up and go for take downs all day.(could be a good thing for Rashad if he can reverse)

But for Rashad to win in my opinion he must go for takedowns NON STOP. He must force Jones to win the fight off his back as in Sonnen/Silva. Any other scenario Jones will win.

While I like Rashad I'm realistic
vilify is offline   Reply With Quote