Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Alistair Overeem’s NSAC Hearing Set For April 24; Status Of UFC 146

2K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  SmackyBear 
#1 ·
Alistair Overeem’s hearing in front of the Nevada State Athletic Commission will be held April 24, according to a report by THe MMA Show.

Keith Kizer, the Executive Director of NSAC, let it be known that Overeem will be allowed to give an explanation for why his testosterone levels were so high during the pre-fight drug test.

UFC president Dana White has confirmed that a decision on the main event for UFC 146 will be determined after the hearing. Junior dos Santos, the UFC heavyweight champion, will be in the fight, but it remains unknown who he would face if Overeem is not licensed by NSAC.

Here’s hoping that Overeem has a very, very, very good explanation for his failed test. If not, he’s likely out of the UFC after the kind of words White has already said. We’ll remain on our toes awaiting the hearing.

http://www.mmaconvert.com/2012/04/07/alistair-overeems-nsac-hearing-set-for-april-24-status-of-ufc-146-fight-determined-soon-after/

#3 · (Edited)
This is a joke.

WHy in hell are they waiting? So JDS has what a month of knowing who he will fight? People buying tickets have no clue what is going on. What a joke.

What is he going to do? Give some dumb excuse of how he left the country and his doctor gave him wrong tests and the horse meat he's been getting in the US is filled with testosterone?

The man had 14-1 ratio. This is a total waste of time. If NV commission were to licence him then we basically should not go by any rules. It would be a shame if Overeem got the same or less of a suspension as Diaz will get. One guy is hulking up and has testosterone levels 14 times the norm...the other guy smoked a few doobers. Society today is a joke.

Only in America can a guy leave the country and take 1 test 2 weeks late. Get a slap on the wrist and told we are watching you. Random test him and he shows up 14:1 and somehow there is a legit hearing on if he can be licenced?

Joke. Bigger Joke that Dana is holding out some hope and waiting till that date to let anyone know what is going on.

Overeem is a joke. Has always been a joke. Will be entertaining to watch him lie again and act innocent.

#5 ·
Unless they actually buy the fact his horses were injected with steroids than I don't see how he's getting out of this one.

I thought Diaz would get a reduced suspension but this is his second violation so I'm thinking he'll get a year because of that.

#7 ·
This is ridiculous. It seems like the UFC are going to wait until the hearing before they decide on announcing another opponent. Unreal.

Overeem is a cheater and he got caught with his pants down, I have no desire to see him fight Junior any more, I have no desire to see him fight ever again. His entire HW career has been a farce, one huge, roided up farce. I don't have time for cheating in any sporting competition.

Get rid of him and announce the new opponent already.

#11 ·
sure the steroids tarnish a little bit what he accomplished, but not totally wrecked it. I mean, if I shoot steroids it's not gonna make me a great kickboxer overnight. The man still has to work on his skills.

#16 ·
hmm not sure I agree with that one ... IMO his resurgence was pretty obviously all steroids. Yeah obviously average Joe + steroids =/= UFC GOAT, but Steroids + mediocre fighter = a contender apparently.

Before steroids he got destroyed by pretty much every top 10 LHW he ever faced. He didn't beat anyone of note at all other than Vitor at his worst, before he started balooning up mysteriously.

Based on that it would seem Alistair Overeem = Mediocre. Ubereem = Contender.

#14 ·
alberto contador got off with a failed steroids test by claiming the steak he ate for dinner the evening before the test was tainted . who's saying the reem won't pull the same defence .

theres plenty of time to pay his local butcher to get some "enhanced" horse meat in .

#15 ·
Not sure what you are talking about there. Contador was stripped of his tour de france title and handed a ban that keeps him out of the next tour also for blood doping.

He was given the right to appeal, as all people should be including Overeem. The CAS rejected his story as unlikely given the evidence and other, more likely reasons for his positive test.

This will probably be the same for Overeem, but he should still be given the right to plead his case.

#19 ·
I watched his last hearing live. A guy Ustreamed it from his iphone.

I thought no way he was getting out of the last one with the bullshit he spewed to them. But they bought it.

Overeem is a liar who got away with it before. Then he has the nerve to do this when he knows he was getting tested. Pathetic.

#24 ·
Why doesnt Overeem have the B sample tested?

Is it because if the B sample comes up posotive the penalty could be more harsh?

Is it because he is going to conceed his guilt?

If anyone knows please repond. thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.