MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What game(s) are you playing?

View Single Post

Old 04-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #816 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
Has anyone played Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning? Is it worth a shot?
It's basically Fable with better combat. It's a bit more open world than Fable, but not by much. There are tons of invisible walls preventing you from going off certain areas, and the quests are like WoW or any other MMORPG, it's kill X amount or please go find X item, the grind feels like an MMO instead of an RPG where each quest is detailed and interesting.

I found it to be a pretty boring grind after about 10 hours of play, the quests/story was just not interesting enough to kill another X amount of things. I was very disappointed, I think I was expecting something totally different than what it was (was hoping for an open world game like Skyrim, as it was hyped up as open world), but it really isn't, and none of the quests are that fun/interesting.

The combat is good, though, not amazing by any means but it's better than all 3 fable games and works quite well (minus the fact that there's no lock-on button, which can screw you sometimes).

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is online now   Reply With Quote