MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - *Help* Steps to become successful in MMA??

View Single Post

Old 04-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Narkin
MMA Fanatic

Narkin has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leed View Post
I'm by no means an expert in MMA, but if you're 16 and live in the US, start wrestling ASAP.

There are good guys here, especially when it comes to training and fighting, I'm sure you'll get some quality advice.
Thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Land View Post
Go to a gym that teaches all of the above. Talk with the trainers and let them know what you want to do. Try all the classes. They will lay a plan out for you. Then go from there. A good "MMA" class will cover everything but will not focus on one thing unless you want it to.

Yes taking seperate classes will have you doing one thing at a time. But you may not have the time to be at the gym 6 hours a day like some are.

I have had success doing just 3 MMA classes a week and sparing/rolling while Im not at class or waiting for the next class with my trainers and partners. Mind you I would show up 3 hours before a class to do that.

Bottom line you need time
Thanks for the very detailed post! I'll follow your instructions and go from there.

Thanks!
Narkin is offline   Reply With Quote