MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - 2012 will spoil movie-lovers - what are you looking forward to?

View Single Post

Old 04-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Fury View Post
Haha, you have it spot on there buddy. With certain things, Wanderlei Silva fighting, Austin and Couture fighting on a major movie, I simply go blind in my admiration and pride.

As for the propaganda, I thinks its probably level pegging as both films hold the same plot. Good v Evil. Evil Foreigners, America saves the day, war and death solve all problems, war and death are normal etc. Messages subliminally put to us to help us prepare and accept wars and death in real life.
Setting aside nationalism, I'd say good vs evil, war and death are simply common themes in legend and story since the beginning of time. Death and some concept of evil are universal to all cultures. War I suppose is a little more debatable but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a culture that didn't have many myths and stories involving some form of war as well. These things appeal to (at least many of) us as humans, they don't need to be subliminally introduced.

Anyway, it's a Marvel property so the amount of actual death is likely to be quite low, and the majority of the conflict is likely to take place on the scale of personal combat. With a couple of notable exceptions, Marvel films usually specialize in excessive property damage, not slaughter. I fully expect hundreds of "bad guys" to die in a variety of entertaining ways in Expendables 2.