MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How is my Muay Thai Technique?

View Single Post

Old 04-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Life B Ez
"Focus"

Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Okay, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume we are not being trolled. Having said that, I would recommend finding a new teacher if you're serious.

I'll start with your stance, for pure muay thai your stance is far too wide and your elbows are WAY too far away from your body.

Now your striking.
You're bending at the waist and literally sticking your chin out when you throw anything. Your back foot is coming completely off the ground which ruins your base and takes away all of your power. You turn your head away from your target when you contact. You look at the floor when you kick. You're also not turning your hip or your plant foot on your kicks. I'm not even going to start on cardio. I'll stop here, because I feel bad tearing all of this apart.

But like at said at the beginning, if your buddy is letting you do that or is teaching you that way, GTFO and get to an actual gym if you seriously want to learn Muay Thai.