MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans Pre/Post Fight Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
SM33
SPEED KILLS

SM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings System
I dont know, Jones is looking unstoppable but Rashad truly does bring a different type of fight than Jones' last three opponents. And its the type of fight that wins.

In his last two fights, Evans has impressed me. I've never been impressed by Evans, I wasn't impressed when he KO'd Liddell and I wasn't surprised when Machida tooled him, but I see a revamped fighter.

Rashad mixes it up, he's patient, he's in the best physical form yet and he seems resiliant to Jones' prefight smoke and mirrors. He's got the wrestling, he hits hard and moves well, and neutralised a very good, large grappler in Davis.

I think with the right frame of mind and right gameplan, Evans can outpoint Jones. UD would be the safest bet based on Evans' last fight but Jones is used to dominating, dont be surprised to see him unravel under pressure and give Evans a late stoppage.

Evans is a big underdog here but he knows too much about Jones and his camp for me to resist these crazy odds, and he's looked great lately.