MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans Pre/Post Fight Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
This lad is intelligent ^

Rashad via late stoppage or some type of decision, depending on how much Jones can take. I know Rashad can take whatever Jones can dish out, not so sure the same can be said the other way around.

War Rashad.
Man.....I just don't even know anymore.

Rashad doesn't suck by any means and he's a great fighter but you need to come to reality, Shogun couldn't handle what Jones dished out and now Rashad Evans will? I just don't see it, maybe you're seeing something I'm not but the fact that Shogun tapped against Jones says volumes to me.

Rashad is notorious for fading, even when he trained at altitude, he faded, he did it against Thiago Silva and he did it against Rampage, he held on and survived but it's indisputable that Rampage and Thiago got the best of him in the third round. Everyone will point to the Phil Davis fight as evidence Rashad can go five rounds and he can but we also have to realize Phil Davis is a very slow and robotic striker. Jones is not, Jones is like the Anti-Davis, very quick, very fast, and he's even longer than Davis.

It's not completely out of the question for Rashad to take a round or two, and if he did manage to get Jones down I wouldn't be surprised. Jones is gonna have to fight but Rashad's history of fading is fresh in my mind and it should be fresh in everyone elses, Jones trains and even fought at high altitude and he flourished looking great against Rampage.

I think Evans takes the first round but the tide slowly turns in the second, Jones takes the third and it'll be in the fourth when Rashad is completely out of energy and Jones does what he did to Shogun, Rampage, and Machida and puts Rashad down once and for all.