MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans Pre/Post Fight Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #35 (permalink)
Aiken
Amateur

Aiken is a glorious beacon of lightAiken is a glorious beacon of lightAiken is a glorious beacon of lightAiken is a glorious beacon of lightAiken is a glorious beacon of lightAiken is a glorious beacon of lightAiken is a glorious beacon of lightAiken is a glorious beacon of lightAiken is a glorious beacon of lightAiken is a glorious beacon of lightAiken is a glorious beacon of light
Jones Fan predicts the fight

I see this fight going something like this:

Round 1. Evans starts briskly until he comes face to fist with that huge Jones reach. The Jones kicks to Evans lead knee slow him down and Jones takes the fist round

Round 2. Evans comes out and attempts a takedown - Even if he's successful, he doesn't hold control for long, especially after Jones starts landing elbows to the top of Evans head and face. Jones starts to loosen up and lands a couple more kicks and maybe a spinning elbow. Round 2 to Jones

Round 3. It's about now that Evans will realize that Jones the man is more than he can handle and he'll either attempt to launch a go-for-broke attack or (as I suspect) he'll become very defensive and try to go to a decision. Unless he's VERY lucky, the go-for-broke attack will allow Jones to take Evans down where he will be sliced open by Jones' elbows. If he tries to hide for the remainder of the fight, it will simply take longer.

Prediction - TKO win to Jones due to doctors stoppage in the third/fourth round.

I just don't see that the 5'11" tall, 75" reach of Evans is going to give Jones much trouble. If Jones doesn't win via Doctors stoppage, he chokes him out.

Just because I'm a big fan of Jones, it doesn't mean I'm not right!