MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans Pre/Post Fight Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #302 (permalink)
xxpillowxxjp
CAN I GET AN AMEN?

xxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
Happy with how the fight went. Jones can't finish everyone, and Rashad does know him better than anyone. It showed that Jones has great stand-up in the sense that it puts the fear in his opponents knowing that he can catch them with anything at any moment. However, he obviously has always lacked true KO power, but he can't be perfect. Great win to add to his resume, and I'm looking forward to the Hendo fight. If he can avoid the one big hit, he should take it the ground and win from there. I thought he should have tried to take Rashad to the ground more.
I think jones does have ALOT of KO power, but the only shot he puts all his "power" into, are his elbows. I think the rest are kind of just wear you down and not over commit to be countered shots.

What this fight proved is the best traditional (not greco roman) wrestler in the division couldnt take down jon jones. I dont care how many times rashad tried, he attempted a few times and they were shrugged off easily. I do think them training together did negate each others wrestling though, as rashad knew what jones does in the clinch to set up his trips/throws, and jones knew what rashad does to set up his shots.

Rashad vs Shogun
Lyoto vs Gusta
Bader vs Davis