MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 04-23-2012, 04:21 AM   #20699 (permalink)
Killz
The Fun Police

Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
Well, my fight went well yesterday after nearly not happening.

Turned up at the Gym to fight at 11am, to find I wasnt fighting til 3pm. fair enough, wasn't to bothered by that.

12pm rolls around and there is still no sign of my opponent. I notice that other fighters from his gym are there so I ask around to see which one is my guy. I am then told that he text his coach on the morning of the fight saying that he was injured, and wouldnt be coming. I know one of his coaches quite well as he trains at our gym and he assures me that I will still get to fight and that they will find me a new opponent. Awesome.

gets to about 2.45pm and I still dont know who my opponent is. By this time I m at the stage where I dont care who I fight, I just WANT TO FIGHT!

so after a little discussion it is decided that I will fight one of his coaches. Now, I am roughly around 81kg (178lbs) and this guy I am now fighting Is much older than me, much more skilled and weighs, I'd guess around 95kg (205lbs). I decide I dont care and that ive waited around all day and that we will fight. It's only an interclub after all and it wasn't like he was gonna try and kill me. (i hoped).

I had a great time, I held my own for the most part and landed some good shots. Even landed a nice superman punch that rocked him a bit. He landed a couple of nice right hands on me at some point which i remember vaguely haha.

All in all it was a great experience for my first semi-competitive fight. My only regret is that I didnt let my hands go as much as I'd have liked and that I know, had I been fighting my original opponent that I would have rocked the casbah!

I'm just editing together the video now and I'll upload later.

"You see a mousetrap and I see free cheese and a f**king challenge" ~ Scroobius Pip

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo • Carlos Condit • Hector Lombard • Edson Barboza • Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson